US Passport Renewal
You can renew your US passport if:
- your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged; and
- you received the passport within the past 15 years; and
- you were over age 16 when it was issued; and
- you still have the same name, or can legally document your name change.
If you cannot comply with at least one of the above or your old passport is damaged you have to apply for a new passport.
If you are behind in child support payments, you may not be able to get a passport. See Child Support.
|Step I. Gather required documents
- Complete U.S. passport renewal application online. Click "Continue" on "Apply for a Passport Book" column. Complete the form online click "Submit" and than "CREATE FORM" button and print it out, sign and date.
- Letter of Authorization.
Download, print out, sign and date the Letter of Authorization. Once you sign it, we have to submit it to the passport agency within 5 business days. Signature must be in blue ink only in order to avoid procesing delays.
- Two (2) passport photos. Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
- Most recent undamaged passport:
NOTE: Your previous passport will be returned to you with your new passport.
- Travel itinerary: For same day/next day processing: a copy of itinerary showing travel within 3 business days. For 5-7 day processing: itinerary showing travel within 5-10 business days.
|Step II. Mail the documents to Consular Assistance, Inc.
Sameday Process: Send all documents by FEDEX FIRST OVERNIGHT (BY 8 AM). Call us to (202) 498 0863 before sending the documents to reserve a spot for same day processing! If you don't call us the processing of your passport will be delayed at least one day.
Next Day Process: Send all documents by FEDEX PRIORITY OVERNIGHT.